Mon19Feb20189.30 - 16.30Heathfield Community Centre, Heathfield, Newton Abbot - COURSE FULL
DSCB Group 3 Refresher/Special Interest - Child Sexual ExploitationDSCB training, Group 3 Refresher or Special Interest
Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents and carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns e.g. paediatricians, GPs, midwives, school nurses, nurses, health visitors, residential staff, teachers, youth workers, probation staff, sports club welfare offices, those working with adults in, for example, learning disability, mental health, alcohol and drug misuse services and the police.
It is suggested that delegates will have a basic knowledge and understanding of child sexual exploitation probably gained from completion of the Group 2 e-learning (or organisational equivalent) and the Group 3 Core Introduction to Safeguarding and Child Protection. There is an NHS video which it might be helpful for people to watch before they attend.
The course can be completed by any member of staff in any early years setting and will be funded by Early Years. Any queries ring your Early Years and Childcare Adviser.
At the end of the session delegates will be able to:
- Consider definitions and forms of sexual exploitation and trafficking
- Identify vulnerability factors and risk indicators for going missing and sexual exploitation
- Become familiar with the Devon Missing and Child Sexual Exploitation, strategy and protocols
- Consider how and when to become involved in the MACSE Forums across Devon
- Challenge assumptions regarding the victims and perpetrators of sexual exploitation
- Consider relevant legislation relating to child sexual exploitation
You must have the agreement of your manager or funding agency to attend this course, unless you wish to attend in a self-funding capacity. Please note that if payment is not received for delegates from non-partner agencies 1 month before the course is due to run your place may be cancelled.
Please make yourself aware of the cancellation policy before booking a place as cancellations with less than 4 week's notice from the course date will incur a charge unless a substitute is found.
To register or book a place click here