Thu11Feb20169.30 - 16.30Newcourt Community Centre, Exeter
DSCB : Group 3 Refresher/Special Interest - Emotional Abuse and NeglectDSCB training, Group 3 Refresher or Special Interest
This course is suitable for staff and volunteers who work with children, young people, families and parents or carers where they are in a position to identify signs of child abuse or neglect and who may then be asked to contribute to assessing, planning or intervening and reviewing the needs of the child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns.
If you are an early years practitioner you should complete the "Designated Officer Child Protection Refresher Training."
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:-
- Recognise the basic signs and symptoms of child abuse or neglect
- Recognise the impact of the parent/carers physical/mental state on their ability to care for their children
- State the factors which increase a child/young person’s vulnerability to harm
- Contribute to inter-agency assessments, the gathering and sharing of information and where appropriate the analysis of risk using appropriate tools
- Work with other professionals and agencies, children/young people and their parents/carers where there are safeguarding concerns
- Describe the impact emotional abuse and neglect can have on the lives of children and young people
- Accurately record information
- State how and to whom to report concerns
- Share information as appropriate
- Communicate effectively with children/young people and their parents/carers
- On completion of Group 3 Core – Interagency Child Protection Training you will need to renew your safeguarding training by completing 1 x Refresher (Special Interest) course every 3 years (every 2 years if you work in Education). In addition you are also strongly recommended to do Group 2 Awareness (ELearning Module). NB It is not recommended that you simply repeat Group 3 Core as a means of renewing your safeguarding training
- If your safeguarding training is up to date but you want to do this course because of a particular interest (Special Interest), you do not need to re-do Group 2 Awareness (ELearning Module).
This is a one day, face to face, multi agency course, delivered by an experienced trainer which explores the impact that emotional abuse and neglect can have on the life of children/young people in both the short and long term. The course describes the types and circumstances of emotional abuse and neglect, looks at attachment typologies, the models of assessment and ways of working with children/young people and their families who are experiencing these conditions. Delegates will explore the use of tools such as the Graded Care Profile. Course materials draw on research and Serious Case Reviews, both local and national.
You must have the agreement of your manager or funding agency to attend this course, unless you wish to attend in a self-funding capacity. Please note that if payment is not received for delegates from non-partner agencies 1 month before the course is due to run your place may be cancelled.
Please make yourself aware of the cancellation policy before booking a place as cancellations with less than 4 week's notice from the course date will incur a charge unless a substitute is found.
To register/amend your contact details or work address or book a place click here
NB If no course dates are available/suitable, please add yourself to the waiting list