Wed24Feb20169.15 am - 4.30 pmNewcourt Community Centre, Exeter
DSCB/DSAB - Part 3 Challenging Domestic Abuse (Group 4 Refresher/Special Interest)DSAB DSCB joint training
To book a place click here if you work in Early Years click here
This one day course will examine the behaviour of individuals who use abuse in relationships and will enable participants to apply appropriate interventions. This course is practical and user-friendly. Participants will experience an enjoyable and productive workshop involving group discussion and participative exercises.
The aims of the course are to:
- To increase the safety of victims and children
- To increase the level of accountability of those using abusive behaviour by naming it with the context of an unhealthy relationship
- To increase engagement of Practitioners with those behaving abusively
Who should attend:
The course is suitable for multi-agency Front Line Practitioners who work with parents, families, children and young people.
NB Part 1 - Understanding Domestic Abuse (Group 3 Refresher/Special Interest) must be completed before attending the course.
By the conclusion of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the themes of abusive behaviour and their possible motivation
- Recognise the challenges posed by Perpetrators when assessing DVA
- Identify interpersonal skills necessary to engage with those that may be using abusive behaviour
- Consider how to avoid collusion with abusive behaviour
- Know the specialist local projects and an overview of the work they do including how to contact them
- Increase their awareness of multi-agency best practice in relation to DVA
- Work within a context of monitoring risk and keep safety at the focus of all practice
You must have the agreement of your Manager or Funding Agency to attend this course, unless you wish to attend in a self-funding capacity. Please note that if payment is not received for delegates from non-partner agencies 4 weeks before the course is due to run your place may be cancelled.
Please make yourself aware of the cancellation policy before booking a place as cancellations with less than 4 week's notice of the course date will incur a charge unless a substitute is found.
To register/amend your contact details or work address or book a place click here
NB: If no course dates are available/suitable, please add yourself to the waiting list