The Devon Safeguarding Children Board (DSCB) is made up of professionals who work in services for children and families including health, education, police, fire and the voluntary sector. Members meet regularly to review safeguarding procedures and protocols throughout Devon.
The DSCB has an overarching ambition for children in Devon to be safer, through;
- Protection from maltreatment
- Prevention of impairment to health and/or development
- Ensuring safe and effective care
- Ensuring a safe environment
The DSCB aims to provide highly effective community and professional leadership in relation to universal, targeted and specialist safeguarding services and demonstrate high levels or influence across all areas where the safety and well-being of children and young people need to be considered.
The DSCB aim to achieve goals through locality safeguarding forums, quality assurance, audit and complaints, serious case reviews, training and workforce development and tasking and finish group work.
(This is currently under review)
- Appendix 1 – Serious Case Review Toolkit
- Appendix 2 – Multi Agency Case Audit Toolkit
- Appendix 3 – Training Target Groups, Levels & Monitoring Arrangements
- Appendix 4a – Quality Assuring the Safeguarding Children System in Devon
- Appendix 4b – Performance Data Set
- Appendix 5 – Views of Children, Young People and Families