Tue16Jan20189.30 am - 4.30 pmHeathfield Community Centre, Heathfield, Newton Abbot
Group 3 Refresher/Special Interest - Keeping Children Safe in the Digital WorldGroup 3 Refresher or Special Interest
Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents and carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns e.g. paediatricians, GPs, midwives, school nurses, nurses, health visitors, residential staff, teachers, youth workers, probation staff, sports club welfare offices, those working with adults in, for example, learning disability, mental health, alcohol and drug misuse services and the police.
The course can be completed by any member of staff in any early years setting and will be funded by Early Years. Any queries ring your Early Years and Childcare Adviser.
At the end of the session delegates will be able to:
- Identify the issues which might affect young people online
- Identify particular areas of risk for young people and the factors which increase their vulnerability
- Acknowledge that social media and the use of technology is now an integral part of young people’s lives today
- Describe how to keep young people safe online and enable them to benefit from the use of technology
- Know where to go for information and support
- Learn from best practice in regards to professional guidance
- Report concerns to the appropriate authority
You must have the agreement of your manager or funding agency to attend this course, unless you wish to attend in a self-funding capacity. Please note that if payment is not received for delegates from non-partner agencies 1 month before the course is due to run your place may be cancelled.
Please make yourself aware of the cancellation policy before booking a place as cancellations with less than 4 week's notice from the course date will incur a charge unless a substitute is found.