Wed24Jan20189.30 am - 4.30 pmFilleigh Village Hall, Barnstaple
DSCB Group 3 Refresher/Special Interest - Recognising and Responding to NeglectGroup 3 Refresher or Special Interest
Members of the workforce who work predominantly with children, young people and/or their parents and carers and who could potentially contribute to assessing, planning, intervening and reviewing the needs of a child and parenting capacity where there are safeguarding concerns e.g. paediatricians, GPs, midwives, school nurses, nurses, health visitors, residential staff, teachers, youth workers, probation staff, sports club welfare offices, those working with adults in, for example, learning disability, mental health, alcohol and drug misuse services and the police.
The course can be completed by any member of staff in any early years setting and will be funded by Early Years. Any queries ring your Early Years and Childcare Adviser.
At the end of the session delegates will be able to:
- Recognise the signs and symptoms of neglect
- Recognise the impact of both short and long term neglect on children
- Work with families in a way which effectively supports them to address neglect
- Undertake difficult conversations with families about neglect
- Identify the key features of effective assessments of neglect
- Implement appropriate interventions to reduce the risk and prevent cases from drifting
- Recognise the changing features of neglect with the age of the child
You must have the agreement of your manager or funding agency to attend this course, unless you wish to attend in a self-funding capacity. Please note that if payment is not received for delegates from non-partner agencies 1 month before the course is due to run your place may be cancelled.
Please make yourself aware of the cancellation policy before booking a place as cancellations with less than 4 week's notice from the course date will incur a charge unless a substitute is found.