Wed13Dec20179.30 - 16.30Sports Pavilion, Starcross
DSCB Group 4 Refresher or Special Interest - Child Sexual AbuseGroup 4 Refresher or Special Interest
Members of the workforce who have particular responsibilities in relation to undertaking Section 47 enquiries, including professionals from health, education, police and children’s social care; those who work with complex cases and staff responsible for co-ordinating assessments of children in need.
Delegates will have completed the Group 3 Refresher/Special Interest Course – Child Sexual Abuse, or are currently working with children who are at risk of becoming, or have been, victims of sexual abuse.
This course can be completed by Children Centre Managers/Leaders in an early years setting and will be funded by Early Years. Any queries ring your Early
At the end of the session delegates will be able to:
- Assess the level of risk of sexual abuse in the family
- Assess the vulnerability and protective factors and their impact on the child(ren) in the family
- Know when to ask for specialist support
- Know the sources of support for assessment and interventions
- Recognise children as perpetrators as well as victims
- Acknowledge the potential for being groomed as professionals
- Recognise the profile of an abuser and the subtlety of grooming
You must have the agreement of your manager or funding agency to attend this course, unless you wish to attend in a self-funding capacity. Please note that if payment is not received for delegates from non-partner agencies 1 month before the course is due to run your place may be cancelled.
Please make yourself aware of the cancellation policy before booking a place as cancellations with less than 4 week's notice from the course date will incur a charge unless a substitute is found.