Mon18Apr201611.00 - 12.00Cullompton Community Centre, Cullompton
DSCB Specialist Course: Workshop to Raise Awareness of Prevent (WRAP)DSCB training, Specialist Courses
All staff who work with children and young people
A one hour workshop to raise awareness of the Prevent strand of the Government's anti-terrorism strategy. Essential for all those working with young people who may be vulnerable to radicalisation.
This is short (one hour) workshop which uses a number of short films to raise awareness of Prevent. This is one strand of the Government's anti-terrorism strategy and is focussed on the pre-criminal stage and is clearly based in Safeguarding. It is all about supporting vulnerable people and about helping them to make the decision themselves not to become involved in terrorism. The workshop will explore how and why some people are able to manipulate and influence others to commit crimes. Information will be given about the help and support which is available and the routes for reporting concerns.
At the end of the session delegates will be able to:
- Understand Prevent's aims
- Think about who might become vulnerable to terrorism
- See why some people are able to manipulate and influence others to commit crimes
- Recognise when a vulnerable individual may be in need of your help
- Be clear about what help and support looks like
- Know who to turn to and how to report concerns in
There is no charge for this training and no cancellation charge.